Guide for Authors
For those wishing to publish their work through METALLA, the work must be original. We ask that the work is less than 10,000 words including references, though exceptions can be made.
- Please submit the text and captions in a word processing file (for example Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, or Open Office).
- Tables may be embedded in the word processing file or as separate spread sheet files.
- Photos and figures should be saved as jpeg or tiff files with a resolution of 300 dpi / 20 cm.
- Please label all photos, diagrams, graphs, and illustrations as ‘Figure 1 ...’ and tables as ‘Table 1’
- Each figure and table should be referred to in the text
- Include an abstract of less than 300 words that summarizes the topic and major results of the work and a list of five key words
- Please use the Harvard referencing style, refer to http://libweb.anglia.ac.uk/referencing/harvard.htm
- Use parenthetical citation
(author, year, p.1 or pp.1-2) one author
(author and author, year, p.1 or pp.1-2) two authors
(author, author and author, year, p.1 or pp.1-2) three authors
(author, et al., year, p.1 or pp.1-2) four or more authors
- All (and only) cited reference should be in the reference list in the proper format
The language of the journal is English (British or American, but be consistent), and we ask authors to be proactive in ensuring the quality of the language.
Copyright and Open Access
Upon acceptance of the work for publication, all authors must sign a statement confirming that they have the right to publish the information and images submitted and they agree to the conditions of publication. After a period of six months from the date of publication the articles will be upload to the internet for open access (Authors must agree to the conditions of the Creative Commons Open Access license, see http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
METALLA is biannual with a Summer and a Winter issue. In order to allow adequate time for the review process, editing and layout, we have set deadlines: March 1st for the Summer issue and September 1st for the Winter issue.
For submission and/or questions, please contact: