Current Corona Protection Ordinance
The Corona Protection Ordinance (CoronaSchVO) is currently valid from October 1st, 2021, which allows museums to operate. For a visit to the Deutsches Bergbau-Museum Bochum, this means:
- The four tours of the permanent exhibition, the tower ascent and the visitor's mine are open to visitors.
- Medical masks are compulsory throughout the museum.
Please note that due to the special local conditions in the Deutsches Bergbau-Museum Bochum, we may deviate from other interpretations of the regulation for the protection of all of us.
- Guided tours, educational offerings and events take place. The 3G rule applies. Depending on the location, the number of participants may be limited.
- During the autumn vacations, school children must also provide proof of a negative test result. Presentation of the student ID card is not considered sufficient during this time due to the elimination of mandatory testing at the school.
During the week, the visitor's mine is only open to visitors on guided tours, at weekends without a guided tour.
Due to the special ventilation situation in the visitor's mine, we can only allow a limited number of visitors to enter the mine per hour. There is therefore a limit to the number of visitors on all weekdays.
At the moment we ask you to register for the guided tours during the week and for the "Triff den Bergmann" (Meet the Miner) format by telephone on +49 234 5877-220.
At weekends, visitors are taken to the visitor's mine in time slots. It is not possible to register or reserve in advance, but you can do so on site at the ticket office.
Note on accessibility in the visitor's mine: Access via the lift is only possible at weekends. There may be short waiting times. During the week, the guided tours are still not barrier-free. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- The 3G rule applies to the use of the catering facilities.
- The general rules of the retail trade apply to the museum shop.
Up-to-date information on arrangements for visitors to the Deutsches Bergbau-Museum Bochum can also be found on our poster available here.
We look forward to your visit!
Thanks to the generous support of the RAG-Stiftung, the Deutsches Bergbau-Museum Bochum can continue to offer a visit according to the pay what you want model: Visitors thus continue to pay the amount for day tickets that the visit is worth to them or that they can afford for the visit. Annual tickets as well as events and educational offers are excluded.
Due to current circumstances, program changes or cancellations may also occur at short notice. Please inform yourself on our homepage and during opening hours by calling the visitor service at +49 234 5877-126 (Tues. to Sun. between 09:30 and 17:30).
INFORMATION FOR VISITORS WITH LIMITED MOBILITY
In view of the current situation, visitors with limited mobility and visitors with prams or buggies are asked to call visitor services. We will hold the door open for you, and activate the lift for your use: +49 234 5877-126.